Virginia Fire Prevention Association,
NOVA Fire Chiefs and Fire Marshal Groups
International Code Council
2012 IFC® Performing Commercial Fire Plan Reviews
This two day course addresses numerous provisions in the 2012 International Fire Code (IFC).
Where the fire code contains requirements applicable to construction, design, operations, storage, use and handling that occur in a special occupancy, but that are not regulated specifically by the 2012 IFC.
The course is intended to help Code Enforcement Officials responsible for plan review to identify those areas where plan review will include compliance with the IFC.
Activities and discussions will further enhance participant learning. The class is being taught by ICC code officials.
Registration and Class size: Limited to the first 80 students; to register for this event, please E-mail Capt/AFM Michael Osborne with your request to attend at email@example.com. Please include home address, contact number and last (4) social security numbers. Questions, please call the MWAA FCED office (703)572-5110 or 2975
After completing this seminar, participants will be better able to:
· Explain plan review authorities and responsibilities.
· Describe how fire code plan review is required in addition to IBC plan review.
· Explain requirements for construction documents.
· Explain plan review documentation and recordkeeping requirements.
· Evaluate those circumstances where requirements established in the IFC affect the International Building Code® use and occupancy classification.
· Evaluate the fire apparatus access road requirements for a specific project.
· Verify the required fire protection water supplies and fire hydrant distribution requirements for a specific project
· Apply the requirements for building services and systems as specified in Chapter 6.
· Identify the elements of egress elements and apply means of egress requirements.
· Describe those conditions where special hazards (i.e. use, storage and handling) require fire code plan review.
Dates: July 25th and 26th from 0800-1600 hours
Location: Udvar-Hazy Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (educational class rooms) 14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway at Dulles International Airport.
Class size: Limited to the first 80 students; Please register via the VFPA website at www.vfpa.org or Contact Capt/AFM Michael Osborne at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the class.
Note: All students please use the museums route 50 rear gate entrance and check in with the security guard. Lunch will be provided both days allowing the students an opportunity to see the museum.